Location: Mullan, Idaho
Contractor: ACME Concrete Paving Inc.
Contract: $28.8 million
Est. Start Date: Spring 2015
Est. Completion Date: Fall 2016
This project reconstructs 4.5 miles of concrete pavement on eastbound and westbound I-90 between Mullan, Idaho, and the Idaho/Montana State Line.
- Work on the westbound lanes will be completed in 2015. During construction of the westbound lanes, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction and westbound traffic will be crossed over to the eastbound side of the interstate.
- Work on the eastbound lanes will be completed in 2016. During construction of the eastbound lanes, traffic will again be reduced to one lane in each direction and eastbound traffic will be crossed over to the westbound side of the interstate.
In addition to the roadway reconstruction work, the following improvements will be made:
- The stormwater drainage system will be upgraded to better remove water from the roadway.
- All metal guardrail and concrete barrier will be replaced. The existing standard concrete barrier in the median will be replaced with tall median barrier.
- All signs will be replaced.
- The runaway truck ramps on WB I-90 will be upgraded.
- Major erosion damage to the fill slopes off the roadway will be repaired.
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is committed to compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all related regulations and directives. ITD assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any ITD service, program, or activity. The department also assures that every effort will be made to prevent discrimination through the impacts of its programs, policies, and activities on minority and low-income populations. In addition, the department will take reasonable steps to provide meaningful access to services for persons with Limited English Proficiency.
For more information, or to provide comment on the project, please contact:
Idaho Transportation Department
District 1 - Resident Engineer