The Draft Idaho 55 Central Corridor Plan is currently undergoing revision. It will also include ITD Research Report 242 titled, “Measures to Alleviate Congestion at Rural Intersections – Case Study: Intersection of State Highway 55, Banks Lowman Road, and Banks-Grade Way.
Comments may be mailed to the Idaho Transportation Department Public Involvement Coordinator at P.O. Box 7129, Boise, ID 83707 or emailed to email@example.com.
Key Number: 09967
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is studying Idaho 55 to identify current and future needs throughout the corridor. The study will result in a corridor plan that identifies policies and projects important to the development of this major arterial over the next 20 years.
The finished corridor plan will include:
- Safety: What are the improvements that will make Idaho 55 safer for motorists, pedestrians and residents?
- Access Management: How can ITD and local communities manage the effect of development along the corridor so the roadway continues to function safely and efficiently?
- Traffic: What are the best ways to improve current traffic flow and capacity throughout the corridor? Can we anticipate future congestion points and develop solutions?
- Environment: What are the important environmental issues to consider when ITD builds improvements in the future?
ITD encourages you to submit comments at any time during the study process. Written comments may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to: Idaho Transportation Department, P.O. Box 7129 in Boise, ID 83707-1129.
The corridor study began in 2007 and is expected to be completed in 2016.
Idaho 55 Draft Central Corridor Plan Appendices
Idaho 55 Comment Sheet
Idaho 55 South Corridor Plan Appendices
- North Corridor Plan Overview
- North Corridor Plan Next Steps
- Valley Crash Data
- North Potential Recommendations
- 2015-2019 Five Year Idaho Transportation Improvement Program (ITIP)
- Study Description
- Project Funding - Fiscal Year 2014-2018
- Ada County Traffic
- Ada County High Accident List
- Ada County Crashes
- Boise County North Traffic
- Boise County North High Accident List
- Boise County North Crashes
- Boise County South Traffic
- Boise County South High Accident List
- Boise County South Crashes
- Needed Improvements for 2025
- Needed Improvements for 2035
2013 Comment Form