Eagle Road Construction
Key No. 12044
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is adding a southbound lane on Eagle Road from Franklin Road to I-84. The project includes:
- Adding a third southbound lane on Eagle Road between Franklin Road and I-84.
- Installing new traffic signal heads and pedestrian crossing buttons at the intersections of Franklin Road, E. St. Luke's Road and I-84.
- Building new sidewalk, curb and gutter on the west side of Eagle Road from Franklin Road to I-84.
Construction will begin in early July and be complete by mid-September
- Eagle Road will be open at all times.
- The majority of work will be done at night Sunday through Thursday (10 p.m. to 5 a.m.) with possible shoulder closures during the day.
- Speed limit will be reduced to 40 mph in the construction zone during work hours.
- In general, access to surrounding residences and businesses will remain open.
- Residents can expect to hear noise at night from jack hammering, backup alarms, excavation of concrete, etc.
When driving through the construction zone, please remember to slow down and pay attention. Plan extra time for your trip; if possible try to use an alternate route.
Eagle Road is one of the busiest highways in Idaho and a major commuter route in the Treasure Valley. Within the next 20 years, traffic on Eagle Road is projected to double from approximately 40,000 to over 80,000 vehicles per day. When complete, this project will help relieve congestion, increase capacity and enhance safety on this important corridor.
Phone: (208) 334-8881
Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is committed to compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all related regulations and directives. ITD assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any ITD service, program, or activity. The department also assures that every effort will be made to prevent discrimination through impact of its programs, policies and activities on minority and low-income populations. In addition, the department will take reasonable steps to provide meaningful access to services for persons with Limited English Proficiency.
A new southbound lane on Eagle Road between Franklin Road and Interstate 84 is expected to be a reality by this time next week, as crews pave the new lane overnight this weekend.
- Eagle Road will be restricted to one lane in each direction from 11 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 20) to 8 a.m., Sunday (Sept. 21) and from 10 p.m. Sunday (Sept. 21) to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 22).
- During the work, flaggers will direct motorists through the intersections of Franklin Road, E. St. Luke's and I-84. Access to Magic View Drive, Autumn Way and Springbrook Drive from Eagle Road will be closed.
Once paving is complete, remaining work will focus on pavement striping, placing sidewalk, installing signs, and completing other finish work.