CARS-Hub Terms and Conditions of Use and Access
By accessing the Cars-Hub website, you agree that you will not use the site for any unlawful activity or in any manner which violates the following terms and conditions. Any such use will immediately terminate your use of and/or access to this service.
Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability
- The CARS-Hub user understands that Castle Rock is not selling information to, nor incurring profit from, any third party through this agreement.
- Users of the CARS-Hub data feeds are responsible for their own programming and any associated resources needed to download, store, and use the data.
- Neither Castle Rock nor the Idaho Transportation Department (“ITD”) shall be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the data described and/or contained in the CARS-Hub feeds. Neither Castle Rock nor ITD assume responsibility for anyone's use of the information in the CARS-Hub feeds. In no event shall Castle Rock or ITD be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to, procurement of substitute goods or services; infringement of privacy; loss of use, data, or profits; or business interruption) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this system, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
- Neither Castle Rock nor ITD shall be liable for lost revenues or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages derived from the provided information.
- Information provided by the CARS-Hub feed is disseminated “as is” and “as available,” and neither Castle Rock nor ITD shall be contractually required to vouch for its accuracy. In particular, Castle Rock and ITD do not represent or warrant to CARS-Hub users that:
- Their use of the service will meet their requirements;
- Their use of the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free from error;
- That any information obtained by them as a result of their use of the service will be accurate or reliable; and
- That defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided under this service will be corrected.
- Although the data found in the CARS-Hub feeds has been produced and processed from sources believed to be reliable, no warranty, express or implied, is made regarding accuracy, adequacy, completeness, legality, reliability or usefulness of any of the information. This disclaimer applies to both isolated and aggregate uses of the information. All warranties of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, freedom from contamination by computer viruses and non-infringement of proprietary rights are expressly disclaimed. Changes may be periodically added to the information herein. Data can also quickly become out-of-date. It is recommended that careful attention be paid to the contents of any metadata associated with each feed. Users that find any errors or omissions are encouraged to report them to ITD.
- Due to the dynamic nature of the Internet, resources that are free and publicly available one day may require a fee or restrict access the next, and the location of items may change as menus, homepages, and files are reorganized. User expressly agrees that use of the CARS Hub data feeds is at the user's sole risk. Neither Castle Rock nor ITD warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or be error-free.
- Information in the CARS-Hub feeds is provided on a non-exclusive basis.
Warranties and Indemnities
- Users of the CARS-Hub data feeds agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Castle Rock and ITD and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use of the data maintained on the CARS-Hub sites.
- Both Castle Rock and ITD shall have the authority to terminate the use of the feed by a third party at their discretion.
- We may impose or adjust the limit on the number of transactions private access users may send or receive through the Hub, at our discretion.
Return to CARS-Hub Access Portal