Course 2 - ITD Project Management Life Cycle
Course 2.2 - Planning Stage
Audience: ITD Project Managers
Duration: 1 day (estimated)
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will understand and be able to apply best practices of project management principles within the Planning Stage of the ITD Project Life Cycle. Specifically, they will be able to:
- Identify the project management principles performed during the Planning Stage.
- Construct a project Work Breakdown Structure.
- Develop a Project Schedule.
- Identify a project's Critical Path.
- Create a Communication Management Plan.
- Create a Risk Management Plan.
- Implement Project Change Management.
The Planning Stage
- Course Objectives
- Review: ITD Project Phases
- Review: ITD Project Management Life Cycle
- Review: The Triple Constraint
- Team Exercise
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Hierarchical Method
- Mind Mapping Method
- Outline Method
- Work Breakdown Structure Exercise
- ITD DOH WBS Codes
Project Management Plans
- Activity Analysis
- Activity Duration
- Activity Predecessors
- Activity Resources
- Gantt Chart
- Gantt Chart Exercise
- Network Diagrams
- Critical Path Method
- Network Diagram Exercise
- MS Project: The Critical Path
- Resource Leveling Exercise
- Project Milestones
- Communication Management Plan
- Communication Management Plan Exercise
- Risk Management Plan
- PSS - Risk Management
- PSS - Risk List
- Discussion - Risk Management Plan
- Project Change Management
- Project Change Request
- Review of Key Concepts
- Preview of the Next ITD PM Academy Course