Course 3 - The Planning & Evaluation Phases
Audience: ITD Project Managers
Duration: 1 day (estimated)
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Identify the processes involved in the ITD Planning Phase and understand the ICAPS planning process.
- Identify the processes involved in the ITD Evaluation Phase.
- Understand the business requirements for the ITD Evaluation Phase.
- Use various project management plans and understand their benefits.
- Use the available project management templates in the ITD Project Scheduling System (PSS).
- Create a project schedule.
- Utilize PSS reports for resource loading and to facilitate conversations with the respective resource managers.
The ITD Planning Phase Process
- Course Objectives
- Review: ITD Project Phases
- Team Exercise
The Evaluation Phase
- Planning Phase Activities
- Planning Requirements
- Transportation Investment Modeling Processes
- Long Range Planning
- Corridor Planning
- The Evaluation Phase Process
- Initiation Stage
- Project Organizational Chart
- Define Evaluation Phase Roles and Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities for Key Stakeholders
- Defining Expectations for Specific Team Members
- Class Exercise
- Planning Stage
- Evaluation Development and Implementation Phases WBS
- Project Manager Creates Initial Schedule
- Project Scheduling System
- Project Management Plans
- Communication Management Plan Example
- Risk Management Plan Example
- Issue Management Example
- The Evaluation Phase Kick-Off Meeting
- Execution, Monitor, and Control Stage
- Overview of the Project Charter Workflow
- Project Charter Workflow: Evaluation Phase
- FHWA Evaluation Phase Work Program
- Create the Project Charter
- Case Study: Sample ITD Project Charter
- Change Management
- Closure Stage
- ITIP Approved
- Lessons Learned
- Lessons Learned - PSS
- Review Key Concepts - Planning Phase
- Review Key Concepts - Evaluation Phase
- Preview of the Next ITD PM Academy Course