Division of HighwaysResource Center StaffResource Library CatalogITD District 1ITD District 2ITD District 3ITD District 4ITD District 5ITD District 6FHWA - Idaho DivisionTRBAASHTOITD ManualsIdaho Pathweb
This page contains information about research projects that are currently underway. Monthly reports are in PDF format.
- Project Description:
This project will evaluate winter chemicals and provide guidance on the most appropriate winter maintenance strategies to apply under specific roadway and climatic conditions within ITD districts.
- The objectives of this project are:
- Review and update costs associated with winter maintenance chemical usage.
- Review and evaluate materials and historical use of products in Idaho and areas of similar climatic conditions.
- Discuss recent research completed on various products.
- Determine the effectiveness of each product.
- Develop a more effective winter maintenance strategy for Idaho.
- Identify ways to increase safety at a lower cost while minimizing disruption to the traveling public.
- Estimated Completion Date: June 30, 2013
- Budget: $127,820.00
- Project Managers: Steve Spoor (208) 334-8413 email@example.com
- Principal Investigator:
- Dr Zhirui (Jared) Ye, Western Transportation Institute, Montana State University, (406) 994-7909 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. David Veneziano, Western Transportation Institute, Montana State University, (406) 994-6320 email@example.com
- Monthly Report (links are active when information becomes available)