- Project Description:
This project will develop and pilot a real-time weather-responsive traffic signal control system for the state of Idaho with the intent
to improve the efficiency and safety of traffic signal operations during inclement weather.
- The objectives of this project are:
- To develop a real-time weather responsive traffic signal control system.
- To receive and use weather information from FHWA’s Clarus weather data system and from Idaho’s Road Weather Information Stations (RWIS).
- To adapt signal timing in response to inclement weather using Clarus and RWIS.
- To use minimal hardware for full implementation.
- To incorporate self-diagnostic techniques for fault detection and recovery in the software design maximizing security, survivability and minimizing cost.