- Project Description:
This project will develop Work Zone Positive Protection Guidelines that are based on Idaho specific data. The guidelines will assist staff who design work zone traffic management plans by helping them determine when positive protection devises are needed to protect road users and workers in work zones. Some of these devises are: portable concrete barriers, shadow vehicles with truck mounted attenuators, and vehicle arresting systems.
- The objectives of this project are:
- To review the Texas Transportation Institute's research and TX DOT implementation efforts.
- To review applicable literature review practices of other State DOTs.
- To analyze the benefits and costs of using positive protection devises in work zones using Idaho-specific data.
- To develop positive protection guidelines for ITD based on the Idaho data analysis