- Project Description:
This project will develop tools that ITD staff can use to determine where mitigation measures are needed to reduce wildlife/vehicle collisions and will identify cost effective mitigation options. The tools will be used to prioritize projects on a statewide basis.
- The objectives of this project are:
- To develop a GIS application that graphically displays Idaho data on wildlife/vehicle collisions (WVC), road kills, and migration corridors for large ungulates (deer, elk, moose, antelope).
- To use the data to identify high risk corridors for vehicle collisions with large ungulates.
- To identify possible mitigation measures to reduce vehicle collisions with this wildlife and assess the cost and benefits of each measure.
- To develop tools/methods ITD staff can use to prioritize sites for mitigation efforts and to identify the most appropriate mitigation strategies at those locations.