Division of HighwaysResource Center StaffResource Library CatalogITD District 1ITD District 2ITD District 3ITD District 4ITD District 5ITD District 6FHWA - Idaho DivisionTRBAASHTOITD ManualsIdaho Pathweb
| || |
This page contains information about research projects that are currently underway. Monthly reports are in PDF format.
- Project Description:
- This project will synthesize the results of research into the potential negative impacts of using salt and salt brine for highway anti-icing and deicing.
- The objectives of this project are:
- To synthesize available research on the relationship between the use of salt and salt brine for roadway de-icing and wildlife-vehicle collisions.
- To synthesize information about environmental contamination associated with the use of salt and salt brine.
- To synthesize research on the corrosive effects of salt and salt brines used for roadway anti-icing and de-icing on cars and trucks, and the effectiveness of corrosion inhibitors.