- Project Description:
This project will investigate methods to alleviate congestion at rural intersections and will recommend intersection modifications to reduce congestion and improve the level of service for motorists. The project is specifically studying SH-55/Banks-Lowman Highway Intersection. The findings will be used statewide for similar rural intersections which will improve safety, mobility, and economic opportunities for these rural communities.
- The objectives of this project are:
- Outline existing traffic conditions and roadway geometric constraints including any operational safety challenges.
- Deliver short, medium, and long term recommendations for improving intersection operations.
- Develop basic concept-level roadway plans and cost estimates for intersection modifications for short, medium and long term solutions.
- Eliminate/minimize traffic congestion/delays at this intersection during summer and holiday weekends.
- Recommend a set of measures to alleviate congestion at other rural intersections experiencing similar congestion as SH-55/Banks-Lowman Highway intersection.