Research Program Mission
- Support research, development, and technology transfer activities addressing the Department's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Enhance ITD's ability to deliver efficient and effective transportation services.
- Offer practical solutions to problems facing the Department.
- Develop new tools/technologies and facilitate their implementation.
- Coordinating development of ITD's annual work program for federal SPR (State Planning & Research) funds and annual reporting of agency accomplishments with these funds.
- Administering SPR funds received for ITD research, development, and technology transfer.
- Coordinating Department involvement in multi-state pooled fund projects.
- Identifying ITD research needs and priorities.
- Helping staff locate transportation research and information.
- Overseeing ITD-funded research performed by universities and consultants.
- Overseeing Idaho Technology Transfer Center (T2 Center) funding.
- Coordinating ITD involvement in national and regional transportation research with TRB, AASHTO, the Northwest Transportation Consortium and others.
The ITD Research Program oversees funding for the Idaho’s Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP), which provides training for local highway agency staff. Idaho’s LTAP Center, the “T2 Center,” is operated by the Local Highway Technical Assistance Council (LHTAC) under a contract with ITD.