Research Program Mission
- Support research, development, and technology transfer activities addressing the
Department's strategic goals and initiatives.
- Enhance ITD's ability to deliver efficient and effective transportation services.
- Offer practical solutions to problems facing the Department.
- Develop new tools/technologies and facilitate their implementation.
- Coordinating development of ITD's annual work program for federal SPR (State
Planning & Research) funds and annual reporting of agency accomplishments with these
- Administering SPR funds received for ITD research, development, and technology transfer.
- Coordinating Department involvement in multi-state pooled fund projects.
- Identifying ITD research needs and priorities.
- Helping staff locate transportation research and information.
- Overseeing ITD-funded research performed by universities and consultants.
- Coordinating ITD involvement in national and regional transportation research with
TRB, AASHTO, the Northwest Transportation Consortium and others.