- Monitors pavement smoothness for QA during construction for concrete and HMA and interprets contractor’s results and profiler settings. Coordinates with Districts and industry to recommend changes to pavement smoothness specifications.
- Evaluates Alkali Silica Reactivity (ASR) of concrete.
- Assists Districts and contractors on concrete mix designs, trouble-shooting issues during production, specifications issues, etc.
- Assists Bridge Design section in determining appropriate materials and specifications for repair projects and new construction.
- Provides input on new or innovative concrete and steel materials, fabrication and construction methods.
- Coordinates with ITD’s Structure Lab regarding testing, test procedures changes, qualifications, etc.
- Coordinates and arranges fabrication out-of-state inspection of precast concrete items cast.
- Reviews Structural Steel weld procedures and arranges for fabrication inspections including plant inspections.
- Trains and develops specification and test methods for the above items, and pipe materials. Makes update to the manuals.
- Establishes and reviews research projects to evaluate new technologies, construction methods and testing for incorporation into ITD procedures, manuals and specifications.
- Provides assistance to other state agencies for the above items.
ITD Research Project, Project Manager
|400 — Surface Courses and Pavement||405 — Plant Mix Pavement|
|409 — Portland Cement Concrete Pavement||411 — Urban Concrete Pavement|
|501 — Structures (with Bridge Section)||601 — Conduit, General|
|602 — Culverts||603 — Pipe Siphons|
|604 — Irrigation Pipe Lines||605 — Sewers|
|606 — Pipe Underdrains||607 — Embankment Protectors|
|608 — Aprons for Pipes||609 — Minor Structures|
|610 — Fences||611 — Cattle Guards|
|612 — Guardrails||613 — Sidewalks|
|614 — Urban Approaches||615 — Curb and Gutter|
|622 — Pre-cast Concrete Headgates||623 — Concrete Slope Paving|
|632 — Removal of Bridge Deck Concrete||700 — Materials|
Materials Manual, (Associated with sections)