- Provides technical advice to Districts and other entities regarding subjects related to geotechnical engineering such as structure foundations, retaining walls, cut slopes, embankments, etc.
- Assists Districts and other entities in preparing or reviewing foundation investigation reports, special geotechnical reports, and provides recommendations on approval of those reports.
- Provides assistance to Districts and other entities with investigations, designing of mitigations for landslide, rockfall, etc.
- Prepares and maintains specifications for subjects related to geotechnical engineering.
- Provides assistance to Districts and other entities in preparing pile driving criteria, reviewing and analyzing geotechnical field test results, reviewing and approving recommendations for geotechnical designs by contractors, and solving construction problems related to geotechnical engineering.
- Provides assistance to the Soil and Geotechnical Laboratory in testing and preparing test reports.
- Provides or coordinates training for District personnel in subjects related to geotechnical engineering.
|205 — Excavation & Embankment||505 — Piling|
|512 — Gabion Structure||715 — Gabion & Revet Mattress|
|718 — Geotextiles|
Materials Manual, (Associated with sections)
250 — Phase II Soils Report
250 — Phase IV Foundation Investigation Report
250 — Phase V Special Provision Report
400 — Guidelines for Subsurface Investigations
600 — Geotechnical Engineering