- Provide statewide direction on hydrologic and hydraulic design relating to the drainage and distribution of water on all Interstate, State and Local Highway Systems.
- Assure the hydraulic design, construction and maintenance of highway bridges and culverts are economical yet adequate in protecting the environment, minimizing flooding and preventing erosion of private and public property.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Consultants /District Design Staffs, and review and approve Hydraulic Reports for all bridge and culvert construction and replacement statewide.
- Serve as a voting member of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Technical Committee on Hydrology and Hydraulics representing Region 4 (16 western states).
- Manage the Statewide Bridge Scour Evaluation Program and serve as chairman of the Interdisciplinary Bridge Scour Committee.
ITD-210 Hydraulics Structure Survey
ITD Design Manual (Associated with sections)