Franklin to Franklin
Thank you drivers, residents and businesses for your patience.
This project is COMPLETE: Repaving on I-84 from the Franklin Boulevard Interchange in Nampa to the Franklin Road Interchange in Caldwell.
A unique weekend crossover approach lessened the impact of this project on commuters who use I-84 on a daily basis. Crossovers were completed on June 2-5, June 16-19, June 23-26, and July 7-10, 2017. During the crossover, all I-84 traffic shifted to one side of the interstate with one lane of traffic open in each direction.
• Many other Canyon County road construction projects are underway this summer. ITD asks you to plan extra time when traveling.
• I-84 Franklin to Franklin FINAL Bulletin
• Project fact sheet
• Construction detour map
CALL: (208) 334-8938 | EMAIL: Jennifer.Gonzalez@itd.idaho.gov
Harsh winter conditions in 2017 accelerated the need to resurface I-84 between Nampa and Caldwell. Because of swift responsiveness and knowledgeable staff, ITD worked with partners to accelerate two planned resurfacing projects (planned for 2018 and 2019) to 2017. This project will prolong the pavement life.
I-84 Expansion was NOT a part of this repaving project.
The Idaho Transportation Board has approved funding to add lanes on I-84 between Franklin Boulevard and Karcher Road in Nampa. ITD staff have completed initial planning and the environmental assessment. Design work is expected to begin in 2017. At this time, it is too early to know when construction will begin.
Many road construction projects will be occuring at the same time in Canyon County this summer. ITD asks you to plan extra time when traveling.
I-84: Exit 33B, Karcher Interchange Improvements, Nampa
- Construction timeline not yet available.
- Safety & mobility improvements of this interchange including ramp modifications & widening.
- Construction budget: $2.5 million.
Nampa Caldwell Boulevard/Karcher Intersection Improvements, Nampa
- Work is scheduled to be completed this spring.
- Complete striping & other final tasks as part of the safety improvement project.
- Contract amount: $1.2 million. Contractor: Knife River
- Construction will begin in spring & be complete in early fall.
- Primarily night work with some weekend work. Lane closures, flaggers & pilot car will be in place during work in fix construction zones along the corridor.
- Pavement rehabilitation work that extends from Caldwell, through Middleton & Star.
- Contract amount: $5.2 million. Contractor: Idaho Materials Construction
ID-55: (Karcher Road) Intersection Improvements & Pavement Rehabilitation
- Work will begin this summer & be complete in early 2018.
- Reduced speeds & lane reductions, flagging & lane closures during construction.
- Signal installation at ID-55 & Lake Avenue, Midway, & Farmway. Pavement rehabilitation from Middleton Road to Pride Lane.
- Construction budget: $8.8 million.
I-84 Business Loop, Nampa
- Construction to begin later this year (timeline not yet available)
- Pavement rehabilitation & upgrades to ADA ramps from Northside to Grant Ave.
- Construction budget: $3.8 million.
ID-45: Deer Flat to I-84 Business Loop, Nampa
- Construction schedule still being determined.
- Pavement Rehabilitation
- Construction budget: $1.3 million.
I-84: Sand Hollow Exit Reconstruction, west of Nampa
- Construction to begin late summer – Completion is planned for 2018.
- Bridge replacement
- Construction budget: $10.5 million.
- COMPLETE: Work occured over four summer weekends & other overnight times.
- Pavement rehabilitation of seven miles of I-84 in Canyon County.
- Construction budget: $9.5 million. Contractor: Idaho Materials & Construction.
- COMPLETE: Pavement rehabilitation from I-84/20/26 junction to Locust Grove.
- Construction completed July 2017.
I-84: Pavement Rehabilitation from Five Mile Road to Orchard Interchange, Boise
- Construction expected to begin late spring and be complete in fall.
- Night work only
- Construction budget is $3 million.
Bridges: I-84, Connector, US-20/26, ID-55|21|16
- Construction will begin this summer and be complete this fall.
- All night work with lane closures and flagging when necessary. More details on construction impacts to follow.
$2.5 million Construction Budget for Bridge Rehabilitation on multiple structures:
- I-184: (Connector) Emerald Overpass
- I-84: Meridian Interchange Overpass, Cole Overland Overpass, Broadway Overpass, Highland RVRR Underpass, Gowen UPRR Underpass, Gowen Underpass
- ID-21: Mores Creek, Wildlife Underpass, Grimes Creek, Wildcat Gulch, Stierman Gulch, South Fork Payette, Canyon Creek
- US-20/26: (Broadway Ave) Boise River Bridge
$2.3 million Construction Budget for Bridge Rehabilitation on multiple structures:
- I-84: Flyover Bridge, Maple Grove Overpass
- ID-55: (Eagle Road) Three bridges
- ID-16: Two bridges
I-84 Business Route, Exit 90 to McMurtrey Rd, Elmore County
- Construction is expected to start in May & completed in August.
- Highway will be reduced to one lane during much of the construction period.
- Pavement rehabilitation project that includes Exit 90 on & off ramps, & approximately one mile of I-84 Business Route going into Mountain Home.
- Project is expected to be advertised in March. Construction budget is approximately $2.5 million.
I-84 Pavement Rehabilitation, Elmore Co.
- Work will begin in late summer & be complete in the fall.
- Crossover pattern with two-lane, two way traffic configuration will be in place during construction. Reduced speed in work zone.
- Mileposts 82 to 90, near Mountain Home
- Construction budget is $4.2 million.