Eagle Road Construction
Key No. 12044
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is adding a southbound lane on Eagle Road from Franklin Road to I-84. The project includes:
- Adding a third southbound lane on Eagle Road between Franklin Road and I-84.
- Installing new traffic signal heads and pedestrian crossing buttons at the intersections of Franklin Road, E. St. Luke's Road and I-84.
- Building new sidewalk, curb and gutter on the west side of Eagle Road from Franklin Road to I-84.
Construction will begin in early July and be complete by mid-September
- Eagle Road will be open at all times.
- The majority of work will be done at night Sunday through Thursday (10 p.m. to 5 a.m.) with possible shoulder closures during the day.
- Speed limit will be reduced to 40 mph in the construction zone during work hours.
- In general, access to surrounding residences and businesses will remain open.
- Residents can expect to hear noise at night from jack hammering, backup alarms, excavation of concrete, etc.
When driving through the construction zone, please remember to slow down and pay attention. Plan extra time for your trip; if possible try to use an alternate route.
Eagle Road is one of the busiest highways in Idaho and a major commuter route in the Treasure Valley. Within the next 20 years, traffic on Eagle Road is projected to double from approximately 40,000 to over 80,000 vehicles per day. When complete, this project will help relieve congestion, increase capacity and enhance safety on this important corridor.
Phone: (208) 334-8881
Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is committed to compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all related regulations and directives. ITD assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any ITD service, program, or activity. The department also assures that every effort will be made to prevent discrimination through impact of its programs, policies and activities on minority and low-income populations. In addition, the department will take reasonable steps to provide meaningful access to services for persons with Limited English Proficiency.
Overnight signal work on Aug. 20 & 21:
- Flaggers will direct traffic through the intersection of Eagle Road and E. St. Luke's Wednesday and Thursday nights (Aug. 20 & 21) as crews work on installing new signal poles.
- The signal will be turned off from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. on both nights.
- Traffic through the work zone will be restricted to one lane at various times during the night.
- The signal will be back in operation by morning.
Please remember that Eagle Road is reduced to 40 mph at night while crews are working, and lane restrictions in the construction zone will continue through mid-September at night (10 p.m. to 5 a.m.).
Please remember to slow down, pay attention in the work zone and plan extra time for delays.