US 95 Construction Projects
US 95 Bridge Replacement Projects
Construction began in May on a project to remove and replace eight bridges on U.S. 95 in Adams County between Cambridge and New Meadows. The speed limit at Lester Creek and the Lester Creek overflow will be reduced to 25 miles per hour. Construction continues through November. There will be no lane closures over the Memorial Day, Labor Day and July 4th weekends.
In Each Work Zone:
• Traffic will be reduced to one lane
• Loads will be restricted to 11 feet wide
• Shoulders will be closed
• At Lester Creek and the Lester Creek overflow: 25 miles per hour
• In other work zones: 35 miles per hour
Lynda Friesz-Martin | 208-336-1701
US-95 Little Salmon River Bridge Reconstruction: Approx. 20 miles north of New Meadows, Adams Co.
- Project started in April and will be complete this winter.
- The project will reduce the highway to one lane throughout most of the construction as the new bridge will be built one half at a time (one side). Single lane traffic will be controlled by a temporary traffic signal.
- Contract amount is $2.5 million. Contractor: Braun-Jensen
- Work will begin in spring & be completed in the fall.
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane with shoulder closures, narrow lanes, & speed reduction in each work zone.
- Contract budget is $5.1 million.
US-95 Curve Flattening: Approx. 17 miles north of New Meadows, Adams Co.
- Work is expected to start in July & be completed in early fall.
- US-95 will be reduced to one lane for most of the duration of the project. Traffic will be controlled by temporary signals in the work areas.
- This is a rock fall mitigation & curve widening project between milepost 172 & 174. The project will cut rock faces back away from the road, remove loose rock from the slopes & build walls along the river to provide a wider roadway in specific areas.
- This project is currently advertised for bids. Construction budget is approximately $1.4 million.
US-95 Pavement Rehabilitation, Weiser to Midvale
- Work will begin this summer & be complete in late summer.
- Lane closures during work hours with single lane operation in place with flaggers & pilot car.
- Pavement rehabilitation to extend life of existing roadway surface.
- Contract amount is $1.1 million. Contractor: Knife River
US-95 Robertson Slough, near Weiser
- Traffic will be reduced to a single lane with temporary signals in place, a speed reduction & flagging operations.
- Removal & replacement of culvert box
- Contract amount is $865,000. Contractor: Braun Jensen.
US-95: Payette to Weiser River Bridge, Payette & Washington Co.
- Beginning in June, the project is expected to take approximately three months.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane for most of the duration of the project. Traffic will be controlled by flaggers, pilot cars & temporary traffic signals.
- This is a pavement rehabilitation project between the city of Payette & the city of Weiser. The project will grind off the top surface of the asphalt, then pulverize the remaining pavement & then overlay with new asphalt pavement. Project will also construct turn lanes at some intersections & construct slow vehicle lanes at select locations.
- Construction budget is approximately $6.0 million.
US-95: Jct US-20/26 Union Pacific Railroad Overpass, near Parma
- Work began in April & will be completed this winter.
- Speed limit reduction to 45 mph. A posted detour will be in place for all motorists, including a separate detour for trucks. Work will occur M-F during daytime hours. Some Saturday work is possible. Flaggers will assist motorists during some work.
- Replace two bridges & rehabilitate pavement at this junction. Construct retaining walls.
- Contract amount is $5.4 million. Contractor: Concrete Placing Co.
US-95, US-30, US-20 Pavement Rehabilitation
- Construction will begin this summer & be completed in the fall.
- One lane will be open in each work zone with pilot car operations.
- Contract amount is $1.4 million. Contractor: Knife River