Idaho Transportation Board
Jerry Whitehead, Chairman, Boise• Native Idahoan
• Established Western Trailers. President and owner since 1979
• Served in the Air National Guard
• Member of the Idaho Motor Carrier Advisory Committee from 1994-2009.
• Past chairman of the Idaho Trucking Association and Idaho Truck Pac Inc.
• Served on U of I National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology Advisory committee
R. James (Jim) Coleman, Vice Chairman, Hayden• Represents District 1
• President of Coleman Engineering Inc. since 2004, also worked in a variety of positions at J-U-B Engineers Inc. for 26 years including president and then CEO from 1990-2004.
• Member of the Idaho Society of Professional Engineers, has served as chairman of the Idaho Engineering Education Advisory Board and is past chairman of the University of Idaho Engineering Advisory Board.
• Volunteered time to assist a variety of organizations including the Coeur d’Alene Chamber of Commerce, area public schools, the University of Idaho and the North Idaho College Foundation Board.
Janice (Jan) Vassar, Member, Lewiston• Represents District 2
• Member of the Public Transportation Advisory Council from 2007-2010.
• Past city manager for Lewiston from September 1992 to February 2006.
• Former director of Administrative Services for the city, executive assistant to the city manager, and city clerk.
• Various community volunteer work.
Julie DeLorenzo, Member, Boise• Represents District 3
• Co-owner DeLorenzo Consultants, real estate consulting.
• Founding member Keller Williams Realty Boise since 1999.
• National Association of REALTORS®: Director, Board of Directors; Chair, Federal Financing and Housing Policy Committee; member, Public Policy Coordinating Committee; member, Public Advocacy Advisory Group.
• Past president of the Idaho Association of REALTORS®
• Idaho REALTOR® of the Year 2003
• Past President, Board of Directors, Women's and Children's Alliance.
• Former: Boise School District Facilities Committee, Troop 100 Boy Scouts, Habitat for Humanity, Idaho Human Rights Education Center.
Jim Kempton, Member, Albion• Represents District 4
• Twin Falls native
• Vietnam veteran
• Graduated from the University of Idaho
• Served as associate professor of physics, Air Force Academy
• Former liaison between the Secretary of Commerce and Secretary of Defense
• Five terms in the Idaho House of Representatives
• Represented Idaho on the Northwest Power and Conservation Council
• Former member of the Idaho Public Utilities Commission
• Former chairman of the House Transportation and Defense Committee
• Chaired the Forum on Transportation Investment
• Former member of the Governor’s Task Force on Transportation Investment
Dwight Horsch, Member, Pocatello• Represents District 5
• Dwight Horsch brings an extensive background in public service to the Idaho Transportation Board. A lifelong farmer in the Pocatello and Aberdeen areas, he is a former legislator and served on an advisory panel to the State Board of Education on vocational education issues. He also was a member of the Idaho Judicial Council and served on the Idaho State Soil Conservation Commission and its successor, the Idaho State Soil and Water Conservation Commission.
• He was elected to three terms in the Idaho House (1979-1984) and a term in the Idaho Senate (1985-86).
• Horsch also was president of the Potato Growers of Idaho and served on the National Potato Council.
Lee Gagner, Member, Idaho Falls• Represents District 6
• President, Homestead Development: a residential, commercial and industrial development company.
• Broker/Owner, Re/Max Homestead Realty: a residential brokerage firm.
• President, Homestead Construction, Inc.: a residential housing construction firm.
• President, L & L Rentals: a property management company.
• Served in the Idaho House of Representatives four terms, 1997-2004.