• North Idaho
• North-Central Idaho
• Southwest Idaho
• South-Central Idaho
• Southeast Idaho
• East Idaho
ProjectsIdaho Transportation BoardIdaho Transportation Investment ProgramMetropolitan Planning OrganizationsLocal Highway Technical Assistance CouncilNatl. Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
I84 Caldwell to Meridian Project Corridor
I-84, Caldwell to Meridian Corridor
GARVEE funding allowed ITD to construct extensive improvements to I-84 between Caldwell and Meridian.
The existing bridges and interchanges were too narrow to accommodate I-84 expansion, and the 1960s pavement
could not handle the growing traffic volumes. Under the GARVEE program:
- I-84 was widened from two to four lanes between the Meridian Interchange and Franklin Boulevard in Nampa.
- The Garrity Interchange and Meridian Interchange have been reconstructed to include sidewalks, adequate turning
lanes and more room for merging on the I-84 ramps. The Meridian Interchange project is expected to be completed in late 2015.
- The new Ten Mile Interchange opened in west Meridian.
- Four I-84 overpasses were replaced: the Robinson Road Overpass, Black Cat Road Overpass,
11th Avenue Overpass and the east half of the Franklin Boulevard Overpass.
- The I-84, Eagle westbound off-ramp was extended and widened.
- I-84, Meridian Road Interchange
- I-84, Karcher Interchange to Five Mile Environmental Study
- I-84, Eagle Road Westbound Off-ramp
- I-84, Franklin Blvd. Interchange Bridge, Nampa
- I-84, Garrity Interchange Bridge
- I-84, Robinson Boulevard and Black Cat Road Bridges
- I-84, Ten Mile Road Interchange
- I-84, Garrity Interchange to Meridian Interchange
- I-84, Franklin Blvd. Interchange to 11th Avenue
- I-84, 11th Avenue Bridge
For a description of the projects in this corridor, read the Annual GARVEE Report.
Compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act
The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) is committed to compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and all
related regulations and directives. ITD assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, gender,
age, or disability be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination
under any ITD service, program, or activity. The department also assures that every effort will be made to prevent
discrimination through the impacts of its programs, policies, and activities on minority and low-income populations.
In addition, the department will take reasonable steps to provide meaningful access to services for persons with Limited
P.O. Box 7129 • Boise, ID 83707-1129
Ph: (208) 334-8938 • Fax: (208) 334-8563
TDD: (208) 334-4458
ITD Public Involvement
P.O. Box 7129
Boise, ID 83707-1129
Phone: (208) 334-8119
Fax: (208) 334-8563
TTY/TDD Users: Dial 711 or
(800) 377-3529 to use Idaho Relay System