The Office of Communication provides information to the public about the department’s mission, goals, accomplishments and challenges. That involves an ongoing professional relationship with the state’s media to provide accurate and timely information about the Idaho Transportation Department (ITD).
It also involves continued communications with citizens so that they have meaningful access to the department’s decision-making process, and a voice about the transportation needs of their communities and state. Public hearings and meetings provide opportunities for involvement in shaping the state’s transportation future.
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Be Sure to Insure
- Boat Hull Identification
- Changing Your Name – Don’t Forget to Change Your Driver’s License
- First Driver’s License
- Idaho Ports of Entry
- Is Your Truck Registered Correctly?
- Noncommercial (Class D) Skills Test Guide
- Requirements for Commercial Driver’s License
- Star Card – Idaho’s REAL ID
- Surviving Spouse – A Titles and Registration Guide for Surviving Spouses and Family Members
- Transporting Livestock
- Titles – A Guide for Titling Vehicles
- Welcome to Idaho – A Guide for People Moving from Another State to Idaho
- How does ITD Prepare for Winter?
- Why does ITD use salt?
- Speed Limits — Why do we need them? How are they set?
- What is Access Management?
- How do Flashing Yellow Arrow Traffic Signals Work?
- What is Incident Response?
- Why do I need an Encroachment Permit?
- What is Idaho’s Quick Clearance Law?
- Seal Coating: Why do we do it?
- Order the Official Idaho State Highway Map – FREE
- ORDER the Official Idaho State Highway Map – FREE!
- Idaho’s Highway Map
- ITD Historical Markers Guide
- Historical Markers in Idaho Map
- ITD Quick Facts
- Discover Idaho – The Official Idaho Travel Guide from visitid.org
- Governor’s Task Force on Modernizing Transportation Funding – 2011 Final Report
- Idaho Funding Pocket Guide
- Idaho Funding Primer
- Idaho Highway History, 1863 to 1975
- The Transporter weekly newsletter
Contact the Office of Communication – Phone: (208) 334-8005
Public Involvement Coordinator