There are about 4,000 commercial vehicle customers with full fee (Idaho registered only) commercial registrations that expire on December 31 and 500 that expire on January 31.
If your registration expires in December or January, you can change the expiration date to a different time. Idaho Motor Carrier Services offers this option to all full fee (Idaho registered only) commercial vehicles.
- Pay renewal fees during the time of year that works best for your finances.
- For seasonal operations, you can choose the latest month of the year you will operate and then wait to renew until you start operating. This reduces the registration fees by the number of months you are not operating.
- Faster renewals. Moving your renewal to a less busy month evens out the workload for the DMV’s commercial vehicle staff and leads to quicker service.
How to change your expiration date:
- Every customer with full fee registered vehicles receives an Expiration Date Change form in the mail with their renewal packet.
- If there is a more convenient month for your commercial vehicle registration(s) to expire, please complete the form and return it with your renewal.
- For registrations that expire December 31 you will receive the renewal packet in early November. If your registration expires January 31 you will receive the packet in early December.
- If you have already renewed for the 2024 calendar year, we can’t change it now, however you will receive the option again next year.
Motor Carrier Services’ goal is to transition at least 50% of December and January renewals to a different month. This will greatly improve department efficiency and turn-around time for all customers.
If you have any questions, contact a registration specialist at 208-334-8611, Monday – Friday, 9 am to 4 pm Mountain Time, e-mail us at email@example.com, or go to Trucking.idaho.gov where you may find the answer you’re seeking.
Trucking.idaho.gov is the central location for all commercial vehicle and motor carrier information. From permits and registrations to taxes and safety information Trucking.idaho.gov is the greatest resource for Idaho’s trucking industry.