IDAHO FALLS- The Idaho Transportation Department (ITD) will begin micro-surfacing on several Idaho Falls area roads beginning Tuesday, July 25.
Micro-surfacing is a process that improves the surface of the road by sealing small cracks and surface imperfections, waterproofing the surface, and protecting the pavement structure. This will help extend the life span of the roads.
Traffic will be affected at the following roads:
- South Yellowstone Highway from 65th Street to Sunnyside Road
- Sunnyside Road from I-15 to South Yellowstone Highway
- Broadway Avenue from Bellin Road to North Yellowstone Highway
- North Yellowstone Highway from Lomax Avenue to Canal
- North Holmes Avenue from North Yellowstone Highway to US-20
The roadways will be reduced to one lane in each direction from the hours of 8pm to 7am until the project is completed August 18.
Please remember to obey traffic laws, traffic signs, and construction signs.
For updates on traffic impacts on state highways and interstates, drivers should check 511.idaho.gov before traveling.
Photo: Street view Sunnyside Rd from I-15 to South Yellowstone Hwy