As summer travel heats up the Idaho Transportation Department wants motorists to prepare for short delays on U.S. Highway 95 and Idaho Highway 55 as several construction projects will be ongoing between the Treasure Valley and popular destinations, such as Cascade, Council, New Meadows, and McCall.
Each project will have its own timeline and unique impacts to travel. Each one listed below is linked to the project webpage, which provides additional information.
- ID-55: Donnelly to Deinhard Repaving south of McCall
- ID-55: Smiths Ferry Improvements south of Cascade
- U.S. 95: Jct I-84 to Gayway Jct Sealcoat in Fruitland
- U.S. 95: Pine Creek Bridge Replacement south of Cambridge
- U.S. 95: Little Salmon River Bridge Replacement west of New Meadows
Construction of these projects will preserve and enhance the safety, mobility, and economic opportunity on our state highway system.
“We’ve designed these projects to limit impacts to the traveling public, especially the during heavy weekend travel periods,” said Jason Brinkman, ITD Engineering Manager. “However, we still encourage motorists to plan ahead, exercise patience, pay attention, and follow the posted signs in the work zones.”
The Department also encourages motorists to check the latest conditions and travel impacts before leaving by checking Idaho 511.