The Idaho Transportation Department is holding a public meeting on Monday, December 4 in Ada County and Wednesday, December 6 in Gem County. The community is invited to learn about the project, give input on issues and concerns, and provide feedback on a range of plans to improve SH-16.
Details for the in-person meetings are listed below:
- Monday, December 4 at Eagle Christian Church (100 S Short Rd, Eagle, ID 83616)
- Wednesday, December 6 at Emmett High School (721 W 12th St, Emmett, ID 83617)
- 4:30 – 7 p.m. (drop in anytime)
- Please join at whichever location is most convenient for you.
An online meeting will be available for those that are not able to attend the in-person meetings. The online meeting will be open from December 7 – 21 at itdprojects.idaho.gov/pages/sh1644to52.
At the meetings, ITD will share details about:
- The purpose and need for the environmental reevaluation.
- Updated traffic and crash data information.
- Modification to the 2005 preferred alternative.
- The project timeline and next steps in the process.
“We look forward to sharing the range of modified improvement plans with the community and receiving their feedback,” said ITD Project Manager Mark Wasdahl. “Their input is very important to the reevaluation process and will help us moving forward.”
The SH-16, SH-44 to SH-52 project began in June 2023 and is expected to be complete in 2025. ITD has already met with numerous state and local agencies and property owners to identify concerns, discuss ongoing planning efforts and share information about the project.
To sign up for email updates or learn more about the project, please visit itdprojects.idaho.gov/pages/sh1644to52.