Reconstruction of Idaho Highway 52 (Washington Avenue) through downtown Emmett will begin in mid-April.
The current pavement has reached the end of its service life. The pavement rehabilitation includes milling the old road surface, replacing it with new pavement, and upgrading ADA (Americans with Disabilities) facilities, including crosswalks and adding a sidewalk in front of KT Lanes Bowling Alley.
Construction will start near the intersection of ID-52 and ID-16 near South Boise Avenue, and continue on Washington Avenue to approximately Carson Street near the Payette River. It is scheduled to be complete in early summer.
During construction, expect the following:
- Work will occur between the hours of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. up to seven days a week.
- Businesses will have at least one access point throughout the project.
- Drivers should anticipate a temporary gravel road surface during construction activities.
- No on-street parking will be permitted in the work zone.
- Sidewalk access and pedestrian detours will be signed.
Flaggers may also guide motorists through the work zone during some phases of construction. Drivers are encouraged to slow down and pay attention to crews working in the area.