Through Feb. 28, 2018, the Idaho Transportation Department’s Public Transportation office is inviting public participation and encouraging public comment on rural public transportation grant applications.
These awards, for the 2018-2020 grants cycle, will fund operating, capital, and administration projects to enhance public transportation systems in Idaho, and promote safety, mobility, and economic opportunity.Proposed projects will be funded through three Federal Transit Administration (FTA) programs, and one ITD grant program for public transportation.
– FTA’s section 5310 program provides funding for the purpose of meeting transportation needs of older adults and people with disabilities. 5310 funds can be used to enhance mobility options designed to serve seniors and disabled persons through operational support or capital investment.
– FTA’s 5311 rural program provides capital, planning, and operating assistance to support public transportation in rural areas with populations of less than 50,000 people.
– FTA’s 5339 Bus and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program provide funding to replace, rehabilitate, and purchase new buses, equipment, and technology. FTA’s 5339 program also can be used to fund construction of bus facilities, purchase technology, or modify low or no emission vehicles or facilities.
Idaho Transportation Department’s Vehicle Investment Program provides capital funding for demand response providers to replace, rehabilitate, and purchase vehicles to support the continuation and expansion of public transportation services.
In summary, the project proposal applications for this cycle fall under the following federal and state funded grant programs:
– FTA’s 5310 Rural Transportation Program for Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
– FTA’s 5311 Rural Formula Program
– FTA’s 5339 Rural Bus and Bus Facilities Program
– ITD’s Vehicle Investment Program (VIP)
Copies of the applications and technical review recommendations may be viewed at http://itd.idaho.gov/pt under the Application Program Tab.
The public comment period is open Jan. 30–Feb. 28, 2018 at midnight. Public comments may be directed to Kim McGourty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call ITD Public Transportation at (208) 344-4475.