Next week the Idaho Transportation Department will start the final construction season to improve safety by replacing the Interstate 90 overpasses at Division Street and Elizabeth Park Road in Kellogg.
Crews will first complete work to improve drainage throughout the work zone. After several weeks, crews will move onto replacing the westbound bridges, including full demolition and reconstruction. The final construction activities will include repaving both streets under the overpasses.
Construction is anticipated to start Monday, February 6, at which time traffic on I-90 will be restricted to one lane in each direction at all times through October.
Motorists should plan for the following impacts:
- Both lanes will be open under the I-90 overpass with periodic closures as needed.
- On-street parking under the overpass will not be allowed.
- Sidewalks will be closed under I-90 with a signed pedestrian detour.
Elizabeth Park Road:
- Drivers can expect one-way alternating traffic controlled by temporary traffic signals on Elizabeth Park Road under I-90.
- In addition to the daily construction schedule, Elizabeth Park Road will be closed for several nights as crews complete work. Digital message boards will provide warnings at least one week in advance of any road closures.
In 2022 crews replaced the eastbound bridges and widened the eastbound on-ramp at Division Street.
The bridges date back to the 1960s. For up-to-date information on this project, please visit itdprojects.org/i90divisionelizabeth.
Construction will also begin later this spring in the Osburn area. Over the next two years, ITD will resurface I-90 from the Big Creek Exit to West Wallace Exit. This year crews will replace concrete with asphalt between Osburn and Wallace, and next year they will work between Big Creek and Wallace. Drivers can expect one lane closure in each direction on I-90 at all times during each construction season.
Travelers should check 511.idaho.gov to learn about traffic impacts.